Wednesday, June 13, 2007

YOUTUBE VIDEO SHARING

At last, with some spare time, I was able to create an account with YouTube and made an upload of a sample movie (actually, just a simple slideshow). The experience was engaging and fulfilling.

I know of YouTube last year when my student showed me his StickMan video via YouTube. He made this series of cute stick figures acting out a karate scene with a grunge music background. I felt inept knowing that this 10yr old kid has so much talent and guts to produce his own video and showed it to the world. I then promised to myself to do one for myself - to prove to myself that I can do it also.

Well, my YouTube experience was not so hard at all. You simply have to fill out the necessary information. Just make sure you read all the fine prints so as not to be surprised. I just had a longer time putting up my video using the iMovie. I thought of doing just a short slide show of the pictures I took during my Digital Photo class with Dr. Wallace. I arranged the pictures in a manner I thought logical then I added the music I arranged using Garage Band sound loops. Bingo! I have a sample video upload that I want to share to the internet community.

I found the process very fulfilling. I learn a thing about YouTube video sharing and I showed the beauty of Guam. Knowing that my work will be seen by others all over the globe, I am so excited of the impact that I will be making.

YouTube is truly a great tool. It can be used for good and great things. Yet, I am aware of the current issues that smeared its positive usefulness. If YouTube users were as responsible and well-intentioned, this technology tool can contribute so much good to the world. For those who use it wrongly, I hope that one day there is an effective solution to stop them.

But again, it is a matter of "better to light just one little candle than to stumble in the dark". I need to start the responsible use from myself then spread it on to my students.


PERSPECTIVES
YOU TUBE: A CATCH 22 TOOL
YOU TUBE: A TOUR

No comments: