Wednesday, June 13, 2007

EYESPOT VIDEO MIXING



MY FIRST MIX: The Incredible Iron Surfer

EyeSpot.com is a FREE audio-video mixing, editing, and uploading website. This site first started in 2005 as an answer to a call for straight-forward, user-friendly video editing tool. This site, though it has more issues to resolve and to improve, lives up to the need of so many users who just need the bare necessities for video editing and mixing.

I read through some articles about EyeSpot. As they aroused my curiosity, I went to the site and did a quick sign up for my account. As I am already have a fair knowledge in iMovie and Windows Movie Maker, I easily created my first mix. The resources I have were taken from the available videos and music in the site. I was interested in making a video mix from the Surfing and Iron Man clips. EyeSpot led me to indulge in my imagination. I was lost in time and had spent almost 2 hours in making my theme pleasing to my "cinematic" expectations. After so many remixes, I was contented with what I made... THE INCREDIBLE IRON SURFER (ooopps, sounds like the current movie theme of the Fantastic 4). Well, I was satisfied with the output. Indeed, I say EyeSpot squeezed my creative juices. What a good way to spend an idle summer schedule...and least to say, it was FREE.

EVALUATION
I encountered some hurdles especially in embedding my video mix into my blogger account. I did what is the SOP (copy/paste Embedding URL into the Edit Html). But it did not resulted as I wanted until I return to do it after couple of hours. There is a Permalink Code that I can copy. This will lead me to EyeSpot.com where my video mix is. This tool is very handy if I need to hyperlink my video mixes from just a TEXT DISPLAY.
There is a cool option to download your mix in either MAC, PC, IPOD, PSP, & DIVX formats. This is great because it opens up a lot of uses either educational or personal.
Overall, this site is for entry-level video editors. It requires to have a faster internet access - DSL or CABLE. And it does not contain all the bells and whistles as with a professional video editing software such as a Final Cut Studio 2 for Mac or a Avid Liquid 7.0 for Windows/Mac. But as it offers simplicity, ease, and realiability, I can see a good use for this to engage students in their learning. With adequate education in media elements and their innate cinematic creativity, they can create endless school video projects.
EyeSpot, in the future, will surely offer us added tools to make video mixing and editing more amazing and exciting.

PS: More power to the EyeSpot team!



PERSPECTIVES

2 comments:

Araceli Nelson said...

Norman,

This video is great, I am so jealous that it did not choose Eyespot. But I am going to check it out! as soon as I am done with google doc spread sheets and youtube.
What a great idea to have students share their videos. I am very excited to use this tool in the future with my Spanish students for their speaking proficiency.
Some times students are shide to speak in front of the whole class, but if they make their videos with a smaller group they will be able to speak with out being shide.

lorna gonzalez said...

Norman,
I enjoyed your short clip and so did my 9 year old son! This would be a good example for the upper grade students who are not confident to speak in front of an audience but are willing to risk a video presentation.